- The Greater Ohio Showman’s Association Russell “Sonny” Kissel Scholarship Fund offers a minimum of one or more scholarships up to $1,500.00 each.
- To be eligible, an applicant must be
- Qualified to enter a accredited junior college, college, or university.
- Classified as a FULL TIME STUDENT according to the criteria of the institution they are attending.
- Awards are given for superior scholarship. Among criteria for measuring a student’s scholarship are:
- Test scores,
- Scholastic performance, and
- High school recommendations.
- Extra-curricular activities and employment may also be considered.
- Applicants may be interviewed by representatives of the Greater Ohio Showman’s Association.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the student’s own merit accomplishments, academic achievement, character, and promise. The matter of financial need and family situation are not factors.
- A scholarship is renewable and is given in expectation that a scholar will receive it annually for up TWO years. Recipients may be interviewed again to continue the award in subsequent years.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the student. In the event the student drops out and there is a refund due, it will be payable to the Greater Ohio Showman’s Association Russell “Sonny” Kissel Scholarship Fund.
- Payment of funds will be discontinued if the recipient’s academic grade average falls below the level established by his/her school as a minimum for eligibility.
- Applications will be held for only one year. Applicants not chosen are encouraged to reapply.
You must submit the following by November 1st of the school year (applications may be submitted after February 1 of the student’s senior year in high school). Do not complete the application below until you are ready to upload your required two page essay in PDF format!
- This application.
- A two page essay on how the amusement industry has impacted your life and why you feel you should receive this scholarship (double spaced, 12 point font, 1 inch margins). A link to upload your essay document will be provided.
- Guidance counselor form. A link to this form and to upload grades/transcripts will be provided.
Please review all directions and information above before you begin the application!
When you submit this form, you will be redirected to another page to upload your essay and other documents.
Send the following link to your guidance counselor to complete a separate form and upload your transcripts: